View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Strange step 5 hand with Gigabet

Thanks a big bunch for answering and clearing this up! It was interesting reading the different opinions everyone had about this.

I still have a hard time understanding when you say that you had a "dead read" on the opponent. Surely he would still make the same raise pre-flop if he held 55-AA? (maybe not with AA, KK) I guess that you are saying that he would raise with a VERY wide range of hands and that he will not hold a pair that many times. So, if a 5 or a 6 and no ace hit the flop, you would be ahead most of the time and would most likely get his entire stack. Still seems very risky, but I guess you know what you're doing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Don't you even consider this to be a marginal call?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I took so long to reply to this, just enjoying the sun, while my friends and family shovel through 3 feet of snow.

There was no mis-click here, and I would make this call everytime. I had Slon on a dead read(hint: Slon is not the only name he goes by, so I have much more info than just the previous 3 tourneys we played, that day).

Someone mentioned that I made this call without regards to pot odds, I made this call based on implied pot odds, and I wanted Slons stack before someone else got it.

Slon does NOT make it past level 2 without 3k in chips. Just doesn't happen. I knew what he had before I made the call, and I knew that all my chips would be in on the flop if I caught a pair. For those who watch me play know that I think quite a bit when I make a decision for my stack. I think I spent all of 3 seconds calling his bet. I knew what he had, I knew he was going to make this bet, and I knew that around 33% of the time I would be calling his bet.

[/ QUOTE ]