View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Winning the Party Super Monday (LONG, oh so long)

Very well done Punker. I learned a great deal from reading through your thread (mainly, that I have a larger attention span that I thought I did - you're right, it's hella long). But probably the most informative aspect of your post for me was the size of your raises in the later stages. I'm beginning to realize that at the 100-200 levels and beyond I need to be more aggressive with my blind steals. As I read through your post, I was aboslutely shocked at how often they laid down to your raises and began thinking about why I get played back at so often and I had a revelation. In the late stages, when I am sitting on 30+BB - when on the button or CO and it's folded to me, I'll throw out a 2XBB raise. The more I think about it, I may as well be holding up a neon sign saying "Please play at me so I can fold." I noticed your standard raises have a real bite to them that forces any average or lower stack to make a conscious decision about whether or not he wants to continue in the tournament beyond this hand.
I'm curious, how often were you raising with those crap cards in the later stages? Do they represent one out of every 3 hands dealt? 5? 10? You seem to have been doing it just enough to get weak aces to push in but not so much that you were still getting laydowns quite often. I'm still trying to figure out what that middle ground is.

At any rate, well done and congrats.

Pep.