Thread: $20 SnG's
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: $20 SnG\'s

There are frequent questions about how big a difference there is between level "x" and level "y."

Every once in a while there will even be a post stating the opinion that a higher buy-in is easier than a lower buy-in. The only value of those posts must be to alert 2+2ers as to which posters can be ignored from that point forward. At least, that's the value I gain from those posts... it saves me time reading threads when I can completely skip replies knowing that it's impossible for them to have any worthwhile content.

Here's the fact: $22 SNGs are in between $11's and $33's in terms of difficulty and profitability.

SNG's become less profitable and more difficult as you move up in buy-ins. It should be quite clear as to why that is. It may not be a completely linear relationship quantitatively (I'm not sure it isn't, though); because of all of the dynamic variables involved, but the qualitative relationship is steadfast.

This fact can be "proven" by a number of different methods. Economics supplies us with the best theoretical proof... but that's academic because this forum has supplied us all with abundant empirical proof.

There's a lot of noise in data collection, and perhaps the most significant purpose this forum serves is to broadcast the signal loud and clear.

All you have to do is ask, "what's the frequency, Kenneth?" (though personally, I would ask Eastbay or Aleo.)

Irieguy