Thread: 20/40 KK Hand
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Results, After Thoughts, and Player\'s Commentary

I happened to be sitting on villain's right and AviD and I already talked about this hand over PM.... but I will post my thoughts anyway:

He either had the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or he had the flush already. When he stop-and-goed the turn the first thing i thought was that he had a small flush and was charging *you* in case you had a big [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. But once he bets the river, I think it is unlikely he is trying to outplay you since for all he knows *you* had the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or a big diamond and would payoff. So when he bets the river I think it is safe to say he got there if he wasn't there already... I find it hard to believe that he did all of this with no flush *and* hoping a 4th diamond would get there *and* that you did not have a large diamond so that he could steal it. That is way too much thinking for one hand.

(Aside: The river was actually really funny live because AviD said "jeez" but both Villain, DcifrThs and I thought he said "raise". But then he just sat there and didn't put any chips out. I think the river might have paired the board, but i don't remember exactly, but it was funny seeing everyone's reaction.)

Anyway, I still think you should raise the turn as it is unlikely that he would 3-bet the turn with just the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. But I would sure feel dumb calling down if he did somehow 3-bet the turn. So am I saying raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet? I dunno. I have to think about that some more. I really wanted you to call the river on this one.... I should have offered to pay it off for you. Ha ha ha.

I guess I could have asked him about this one after you left the table but I totally forgot since I did not know you were a 2+2-er at the time and did not think I would ever hear about the hand again. My bad [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-tpir