View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: I can\'t stand the bad runs

Tilted the other night. I lost two buy-ins then decided to go UP a level. Lost three buy-ins. Decided to go to bed, checked my email, then lost two more buy-ins using my laptop in bed with the sun up after my wife left for work.

I've played twice since and lost my buy-in within a half hour each time. I lost nearly 4/5 of my bankroll in 55 hours. I've gone from 5/10 limit one week ago to rebuilding at 1/2 when I return from my break, which should be awhile.

Boo hoo, right?

However, the biggest issue for me after I decided to break was the sadness I felt wandering around the house at 11 p.m. wondering what to do with my time. I used to read, used to write, used to do many things.

In the days since, I've begun to re-discover life outside poker, and my life has started to snap into focus. I'm more productive at work, I'm more attentive to my marriage and I'm taking care of tasks I've postponed for months.

I'm not done with poker, and I'm confident I'll be able to slowly rebuild once I'm ready, but a little perspective has been nice.

Anyone else feel this way?