Thread: Good laydown?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Good laydown?

This hand occured in a multi-table 40 person $40 plus a rebuy at the Rio a few weeks ago. I did not rebuy so I only have $40 invested. I have not stoped thinking about this hand since then. Situation:

4 people left. 1-4 pays.

1st = $678
2nd = $460
3rd = 197
4th = $75

SB = tight/weak college kid with T~15,000
BB = HERO with ~20,000
UTG = old tight/weak man with ~T4000
Button = aggresive/calling station asian kid with ~40,000

Blinds are 1000/2000 w/ 100 ante. 1 more level left until they stop going up. 1500/3000 w/ 150 ante.

Cards are dealt and instantly old guy UTG states that he is ALL-IN after looking at his cards for a whole 1.34 seconds. Asian kid on the Button quickly say's that he is ALL-IN having this guy covered by a mountain of chips. College kid in the SB folds quickly and I look down to see A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I ponder and look at all of the stacks. My buddy who is sitting right behing me watching see's the AK. After 3min of thinking, I muck.

I see the old guy flip A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the asian kid flip over K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop comes rags and the old guy doubles up with A high.

My friend goes on to berate me the rest of the trip about the weak laydown i just made.

what do you think??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]