View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: If a hurricane devastated Nazi Germany, would you send aid?

I'll take a stab at it.

The Author states that in the "old days" there was a distinct difference between "good" and "bad" and that people had a "good working moral compass".

She then goes on to criticize the Muslims for wanting Women to confirm to local custom and wear Muslim garb even when they are in their country giving out aid.

I guess she fails to see that the Muslims also have a distinct code of "good" and "bad". It seems women not dressed appropriately is "bad". They also have a "good working moral compass" and will even go so far as to not accept aid from women who are dressed "bad".

So for this, we should comdemn the entire regions and those countries, because their definitions of "good" and "bad" don't match ours.

I think the article also makes mention that we should make sure and punish all prisioners, even if some are innocent, to make sure that no guilty escape punishment. Kind of the opposite argument to the anti-death penality crowd, who think no prisoner should be executed least we mistakenly execute an innocent man.

The author also threw in that all German citizens should have been punished, since the country did evil, and as citizens they were all guilty.

Kind of scary if that same collective guilt were to be wrapped around American citizens, considering the gang of thugs currently in office.

How did I do?