View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Me and an other guy... HU hands in half an hour (part 1)

Hi Rubeskies and Imitation,

Thanks for your advice but I would like to know a few more things.

Hand 1:
Imitation why don't you like the turn check-raise? This guy will call any flop but fold the turn when he has nothing. When I show weakness he will almost certainly bet, wether he has something or not. I think this is an excellent opportunity to let him pay for being too aggressive.

Hand 2:
Rubeskies, you might be right that this hand was a little too weak to defend with against this guy.
Imitation, why don't you like the flop check-raise and leading the turn? You don't exactly have a monster but check-raising is a very strong move so when you get any more aggression, you are probably behind. Also betting and 3-betting will cost you more when you are behind. Please explain why you prefer betting and 3-betting above a flop check-raise.

Hand 3:
Imitation, you said that you don't see that turn card as being particularly bluffable nor the board. I see 2 flush draws and a few straight draws so I think this board is very bluffable. Also the turn card might be a scary card. This guy was raising a lot of turns, see hand 2 and I think this is a good opportunity to have a look at what he is raising. So why do you fold against a player like this?

Hand 4:
You both said I should go to war on the flop. This is what I do about 90% of the time but I thought I had such a strong hand that waiting wouldn't be bad this time. I don't understand why you would cap the turn with second pair top kicker on a board like this against a loose passive player. You are not capping it for value...

Hand 5:
Ok

Again, thanks for your advice. Imitation, I get the feeling that you apply my reads very differently than I do. You play in a way I would play against an unknown. Very interesting.

Thanks,

Guido