View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:22 AM

Default I\'m Pretty Mad At Myself

I just moved from 10 dollar sitngo's to 20 dollar ones and it seems now I'm playing with something that has never accompanied me before, fear. I don't get why I have it all of a sudden, I played alot of no-limit .50/1 short-handed cash games which are probably "bigger" than 20 dollar sitngo's and played some 40 dollar sitngo's on stars with no problem.

But now all of a sudden I'm just playing horrible. In all of the 20's I've played, I haven't once tried to steal with junk, I haven't once raised a small blind completion from my bb with junk. I'm folding Aces five handed. I'm not bluffing at any flops.

I'm just overcome by the negative side of what could happen. They will just call me and I'll lose chips. They'll have a better hand and I'll lose chips. This is all I'm thinking.

I don't think my fear is about the buy-in entry but about the fact that I've had enough of playing 10 dollar sitngos for a year and want to move up to 50's soon. I figure if I can't beat 50's by now I should just quit. It feels like my poker future is at stake with every sitngo and I can't dare put chips in the middle.

Meanwhile my roi at the 20's is .11. Tommarow I'm going to try to think they'll fold, or call with a worse hand, or I'll draw out on them. But I'm not sure if that's enough. Does anyone have advice on how I change my mindset around. Has anyone played through this kind of rut where your playing scared, leading to an .11 roi, which makes you even more unconfident and play even shittier?