View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Bay Area NL questions

I think it is a great game for making a profit. I like to buy in at around 200 to 300 and just hang out waiting for premium hands, you would think if you don't play too many hands people might respect your bets too much, that is the case with some of the better players but there is still plenty of random gamblers there to give you a run for it. I would say your average table of 2/3 is 3 good players who have deep stacks, 3 ok players who fluctuate based upon cards and a mixture of the two groups and a revolving door of people who are just there to throw a little money around for the remaining seats. As long as you know how to fold, and when to pick your moments to make a move, you will do just fine there while making a decent profit. You just need to be a little more careful on the days that the 10-10-20 game is not running, because you get players from that game who have no higher NL game to play, so they play the 2/3 and clean up fairly well.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. The Palace in Hayward, and California Grand in Concord(?) both have small to mediumish no limit games. However, unless you're going to be very close to one of those two I would recommend Lucky Chances.

2. $40 min $100 max

3. You might do well in the 2/3 blinds game at Lucky Chances. $200min/$500max buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that 2/3 game at LCs?

[/ QUOTE ]