View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Seattle-area folks, FYI

Hey guys. I left around 8:00. I suspected who plaster was, since the logo on his jacket matched his avatar, but I didn't say anything because i wasn't sure. I missed Jordan because I was on the main table while he was on the side game.

The guy in the seahawks gear was hitting stuff while i was there, so he was killing us. A game like that is really frustrating. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 25% of the pots were capped preflop with 4+ players for a while. The freakishly agressive guy was literally capping with any 2, i saw him show down 84o (and hit the straight!) in a pot he capped preflop. All I could do was get in with really solid drawing hands and pray, because the pots were so big it didn't make sense not to call down any hand with outs. I mean, $100+ pots at 3/6 were not unusual at this table. Sadly I hit none of them and went through a pile in the five hours I was there, that is not the kind of game I'm most comfortable in. I need to remember that if I get in a game I don't like, there's other places to play. I'm not used to that prospect. I was doing OK before that guy showed up.

The high hand thing is a total draw, I'm definitely checking it out again. Hope to see you guys.