View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: What is a good/bad session at a B&M????

I am no expert, but I believe that the advantage of actually being able to SEE your opponents has to give you an advantage, especially at 3/6 and 4/8. (Yesterday at 6/12 the guy next to me let out a disappointed sigh when the flop came 995. At showdown he showed his qaud 9's.) Some of the tells exhibited by these players are obvious. (Another situation: I raise AQs utg. One guy calls. Flop comes ATT. I bet, he calls. Turn is a brick. I bet, he raises. I look at him, who is calmly and disinterestedly watching TV, and think "does he really have me? He acts like he doesn't care, which clearly means he has a monster. But I can't get away from TPQK." I look him up and he shows pocket A's. I should have given him for credit for a ten and mucked, but I have leaks just like everybody else.) I know there are less hands/hr at B&M, but the advantage gained from a moderate ability to read people has to count for something.

I am by no means suggesting that I will always win at B&M games, but the players I have seen there are infinitely worse than even the clowns I run into at Party 1/2. Isn't B&M at 4/8 more profitable (or at least close) to 4-tabling at Party 1/2?