View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: What is a good/bad session at a B&M????

[ QUOTE ]
Because of the low number of hands per hour, the long term takes a very long time to reach. If you haven't had a losing session playing B&M you are running really good or playing way to tight.

Variance will catch up to you. I know, I went about four months without a losing session. Then I went five sessions in a row without a winning session. I have stopped putting so much emphasis on session results and try to concentrate on my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm used to playing two or three tables on line, and find that I can quickly overcome a "bad streak" - in a B&M, sometimes the "bad streaks" seem like they last forever - and, they do, clockwise, just not # of hands-wise....

I have won 50 + BB's at 4/8 a couple of times, and they were "great nights"; on New Year's Eve, I had my worst B&M losing session ever - minus-55 BB's in about 8 hours - a most horrific experience....

I find that I have to focus on "the long view" (play vs outcomes) much more @ B&M to maintain an even keel. I've only been playing seriously for 16 months, but I surmise that the poker-learning experience is vastly different since online poker than before....