View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Sorry

I don't think you'll have much luck getting a backer based upon all this (unless you can find some rich older chick hehe).

A few comments though: How much you need to start out with trying to earn a living at this is going to depend a lot on what the "opportunity cost" of the decision is. If you've got a 6 figure job, for instance, I wouldn't leave it unless you are both making significantly more at this and have the bankroll size to ensure it continues. If you're flipping burgers somewhere though, and can get another job easily, the equation is going to be a lot different of course, although you're still going to have to earn more than you're getting now.

From what you've said, the first thing you need to do is protect your bankroll a lot more. Buying Xmas gifts with it for instance is a bad idea when it's this small [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nice I.Q. and memory there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Mine's over 160 but I can't remember a damn thing so you got me there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The most important thing at this point is that you've got to be patient. Continue developing your poker skills, and one day, not too far off, perhaps you'll have a legitimate shot at doing this for a living, and without anyone with their hand in your pocket, which you do not want.

Best of luck
KC
http://kingcobrapoker.com