View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: How bad would it be to fold every hand on levels 1-3 in a 10+1?

I disagree with this idea, and I'm usually the one plays the least amount of hands on my tables. But that's usually because the $20+2s are pretty loose. Why not play a few hands like AJ,KQs, or pocket pairs if you can limp in and have position. If no one raises (on a typical table where some people raise with A7, level 1) then your AJ or KQ will probably hold up against calling stations who play like they don't know what a kicker is. Just make sure to bet away the people on draws or make them pay for them. I guess its about having the confidence that you can outplay people after the flop.

Sometimes I cant get a hand for the 1st three levels and only five or six people are left by level 3. I'm missed my chance to double up on one of the idiots and now I'm probably going to have to go allin in and get lucky in a overcards vs. pocket pair matchup to have a chance to place. Even if you miss the flop on the two or three extra hands you play its not going kill you. It not that different have 720 or 660 chips.