View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Two $5/$10 NL hands......

1) Do you have the Ac? I think either situation you have to check the turn, but especially if you have the Ac b/c a raise could drive you out of the pot where you have a draw to the nuts. I can't think of too many hands that would call you on the flop and fold on the turn. Without the Ac, I'm probably folding to a reasonable bet on the turn.

2. I think you played this terribly on every betting round. First, I don't like calling preflop raises with AKo. I would either re-raise or fold. The reason for this is if you call a raise, you won't get much action from hands like QQ-TT when you flop an A or K unless they hit a set and you're in bad shape. If they have AA or KK and it hits, you are in awful shape. My plan if I reraise is to make a pot size bet on the flop and represent AA or KK so they will fold if they hold a smaller pair. If someone holds QQ or JJ there and the flop is rags, they will have a tough time calling a pot size bet on the flop.

Flop: I think this is an easy fold. Calling bets with a missed AK is one of the worst mistakes you can make in NL hold'em.

Turn: I don't like this call either. The only way you are getting paid if you hit your broadway is if he holds someone like 9x which is very unlikely given the way he played his hand.

River: I'd probably raise to maybe $200. The only time I might all-in is if I think my opponent has a 9.