View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Ultra high buy-in SnG...beatable?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: On second thought, i cant buy this. I dont think that is possible. I may be wrong, but i dont think 40% is achievable at 200+15 for ANYONE. 30%, ok, not 40. But i dont play that level, so i may not be the best authority on what is possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my whole impression of your post was that you were talking about the very best in the world, as that's the language you used, and the fact is, the $200+15 players at Party are very weak when compared to say Daniel Negreanu, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if players of that calibre could beat them for 40% ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 2 cents in this thread is that you're wrong, and you're wrong for a very specific reason: the Party SnG structure is too easy to master. The reason it is easy to master is because it quickly becomes a preflop game, and a preflop only game is of limited complexity, and it doesn't take a prodigy to find optimal play, just a lot of practice and reasonably good poker smarts.

This is why I believe 40% at $215 is impossible for everybody, Daniel N. included. Now, change the structure to deep money, and I agree with you. But that's just not what the game is.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

...which entails a game that, IMHO, is not so much skill based as it is employing more of a luck factor. limited complexity and optimal play which anybody with poker smarts can learn does'nt involve alot of skill.