View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 11:28 AM

Default 6max NL25$ (Party) general observation, am I correct?

Hi all;

I have been playing 6 max for a couple of months (well a month and a half really) and heres what I found out. I know you are all going to say that my sample is to small... (only 2k hands and you are ABSOLUTLY RIGHT) but this is a general remark, here goes.

I am normally sitting down playing my tight game waiting for a good hand to come than after a few rounds I hit a good hand (AKo, AJs,...)somthing like this (I am not talking about AA or KK) and so if there is no action I raise 4BB (my usual raise),first of all I have read in othere 2+2 posts that when you raise you should do your usual raise say 4BB in my case + 1 BB for every limper, is this correct, I never add $ for limpers, should I?. But this is not the point so anyway I raise 4BB now 2-3 people call and the pot has around 10BB the flop usually comes rags and so it is checked to me and I proceed with my usual raise 2/3 of the pot which is 6BB so now normally 1-2 people call the pot is 16BB and the turn brings another blank and I fire 2/3 of the pot again around 10BB (fire the second bullet as Stewart Reuben suggests in his book PL and NL poker), note that If I get raised at any point I fold, then If I still have callers I check the river. The problem is many times I get to showdown with an A card high and get beaten by a small pair and in the mean while I have lost 40% of my buy in from around 20$ to 13$. And here I face a dilema either play short stack or rebuy, both I dislike. So my solution comes from my very limited experience in the SnG tournies. I play really tight at the begining so in the example above If I get dealt AKo I raise 4BB and the flop comes rags I check and normally some one will steal the pot. But the hole point is I wait till I double up or nearlly double up and then begin to lossen up. Am I correct here?

thanks in advance

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]