Thread: QQ in BB
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 01:23 AM

Default QQ in BB

25/50 online. 9 players. extremely aggressive, moderately tight game (Rough generalization- 3 LAGS and 6 TAGS). (the hand in question was very odd in terms of # of preflop limpers and lack of early aggression.)

SB is very aggressive and little bit loose. some observations about him: he may limp on the button with A3o in a 4 handed pot. he may reraise a lone middle position raiser from the BB with AQ. he may bet an A58 flop and subsequently 3 bet with AJ vs. a lone opponent who raised preflop. he does not pure bluff enough for me to have noticed. he will check-raise bluff with 8 and 9 out draws. he may call an MP raise from the BB with Q7o in a 4 handed pot. in general, he is a strong player...and a little bit wild.

the hand:

Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB.

4 limpers. SB completes. Hero CHECKS.

flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($150)

SB checks, hero bets, UTG folds, UTG2 calls, MP1 folds, button calls, SB calls

turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($250)

hero bets, MP1 calls, button calls, SB raises, hero calls, MP1 folds, button calls.

river: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($600)

SB bets, hero CALLS, button folds.

final pot: $700

now, there are 2 spots here where i am unsure about my own play. i bet you can guess what they are.

#1 the preflop check. my standard play is to raise here. for reasons i will not go into right now, i chose to check. i would love to hear some discussion about checking vs. raising here.

#2 the river call

thanks

(PS- don't tell me i'm passive. this was a wierd hand both for me and for the game. just examine the hand.)