View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: A K. Man, did I screw this up!

It didn't register to me that the raise was only a minraise. However, I still believe that with this many players in the pot the odds that you can win the pot without catching a pair are not very good, and these players will still pay you off well when you hit regardless of any (lack of?) preflop action. I conceed the point that when the raise is only a minraise the decision is much closer. Even in limped pots though I will check AK in the bb at tables where people will call down with absolutely anything. But I'll defer to your judgement on whether the conditions at your particular table warranted reraising. That wasn't really the reason I replied though. The more important factor is if the UTG player could be likely to play hands like KQ, KJ, QQ, or worse in the manner described in your post. If there's a chance that he would, then the pot is too big now for you to fold, even if you'll lose much of the time. Just from the information provided in your post, we can't answer that question.