View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: PP 15/30 88, looking for opinions

I would say there is a 60% plus chance you are beat here.

You need to ask what the co would cold call three bets with and raise the turn with.

I think you can eliminate AA and KK - I find it unlikely he is playing AK like this -

He might have QQ but I think he is more likely cap it pre-flop with qq but he could have called three with either QQ or JJ. I say you are beat 60% of the time, because most players are more likely to cap it pre-flop with QQ than JJ.

I am not a big fan of your pre-flop re-raise with 88 - you are paying a lot of money to hit your set and there is nothing in the pot.

I really don't like the co's cold call of three bets - cap it or fold - considering he called three cold - who knows.

Without a read on the co, his raising the turn should make you nervous I would call and check it down. You don't have any kind of overlay here.

What hands is he likely to put you on - you re-raised a mid-position player - he raises the turn - he must put you on Jacks or better - likely a high PP - from his perspective there has got to be a chance that you have AA, KK, or QQ from your pre-flop action - again I guess he has JJ or QQ but he really sucks if he is capping it on the turn with QQ - IMHO
Sam