View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Out 15th (long)

Short stacked I push with KQo and run into AKs in the BB and get crushed.

A lot of fun as always, thanks to everyone who played, and of course the organizers.

I have to take a moment to brag about lasting this long, please indulge me.

1st hand of the tourney, I fold rags, Zam takes the big blind and folds, leaving 1480 chips to my 1500

next hand, I wake up with AA, push all in; Zam calls with AKo and hits four hearts on the board to leave me with T 20

Hand 3, I push my whole teeny stack (which only calls the t 20 blind) in with KQo, and beat 65o with a board of 4c 9c Jc Kd Ad . pick up the SB and BB, so now I have T 50

Hand 4, I go all in with A9o (hey this short stacked is no time to be timid). No one has anything worth calling so I pick up the blinds again and have T 80.

Hand 5, JJ - I go all in. What a surprise! No one calls; another T30 so I'm back up to T 110. Woo Hoo!

Hand 6, I take the BB with K4s and am thinking about what the heck I'm going to do when everyone folds and I save my blind and pick up the SB. T120

Hand 7, SB with J8s, folded to me. I'm either going to have to get very lucky very soon, or go get a beer. Ummmmmmmm, beer. that Guinness icon sitting in the chair to my right is looking awfully g00t right now. All in , BB folds. T 140

Hand 8 K4o, UTG calls. I really don't want to go out on this trash. fold
Hand 9 more rags, maybe I'll at least try to find something not too stupid to get put out on.

Hand 10 raised to 60 in front of me; time to get lucky with AJs. He has presto (55) and hits a set, but I suck out with a diamond on the river. T 310, I can actually take the blinds a few times.

11 and 12 are rags that I muck and I take the blind in hand 13 with X6 and see a Q 9 6 rainbow flop for free with one limper. Maybe no one has a Q or I get lucky; all in gets a fold and T 330

Hand 14; X5o in the SB with one limper so I see the flop for the half bet and the board of 2 2 5 has probably not hit anyone harder than me. All in, fold fold. Up to T 370

Hand 15 was Q5o. With a Granny it would have been an easy all in, but I just fold. 16 and 17 are more rags.

Hand 18 KQo in mid position. I have enough chips to make a legitimate raise to 60 instead of plunging, so I do. Button and the BB call. Flop of 6h 4s Ks looks friendly except for the flush draw, but an all in should get rid of that and it does. T 500 and I'm having thoughts of hanging around for a while.

Hand 19 blinds still 10/20 UTG+1 calls, I limp with AA. My buddy Zam raises to 101 from late position and UTG calls. I raise all in and get heads up with Zam and hold my breath. this time it is TT and my aces actually hold up. T 1131. I might actually last a bit longer.

I hope I didn't bore everyone too much, but this is far and away the best comeback that I've ever made. I had to push hard and get lucky in spots, but it's really true you're never out as long as you have a chip and chair.

I wound up cresting at about T 4400 when we were down to 4 tables and made some dodgy moves that got me in trouble, but I sure wouldn't have made a last longer that I could survive to 15 when I was that short stacked.

Good game, all.

Shauna