View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 07:40 PM

Default tips on keeping your emotions in check

First the hand - 2/5n/l

10 handed all fold to seat 6 who makes it $15 - has $400

seat 7 calls he has $350

folded to me: SB 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] have $705 - i call

BB with $200 also calls

so pot is $60

seat 7 and BB are new to me and seem to be playing solid enough. Seat 6 the raiser is a bit of a gambler who tends to raise really big amounts on strong hands - i put him on possibly KQ KJ or maybe AT something like that here.

Any way flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

on me - i bet out $60
BB folds
Seat 6 raises to $150
Seat 7 folds
without too much thought I put him all in - im 98.4% (a significant number) sure i have the best hand.

He thinks and thinks - and calls.

Hole cards dont get turned over until the end of hand (surely they should change this!!), so ...

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
River is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

his cards turn to reveal.......K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

After screaming several swearwords for a little while i finally found the clarity of mind to type...NH - which i like to do rather than berate people, wouldnt give them the pleasure of knowing im upset.

This hand and the $830 lost money stuck in mind though, replayed it over and over - even went to cardplayers odd calculator to check how big a favourite i was (yes 98.4%).

Anyway i was thinking about it so much i decided to leave to settle down. Which got me thinkin - on my best days i can forget about these quickly and concentrate on the next hand and the rest of the session, but it is a fairly hit and miss affair.

Can you constantly keep it together in the face of this sort of occurance and if so how?

ps wackiest answer wins a prize [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]