View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: How far have you moved up at no-limit ring games?

My story is somewhat different in that I never played in the play money games. I'm in college and had played some small stakes NL with them before I started playing online. We played in the neighborhood of $50 buyins most of the time. I wanted to crush the live game I was in and came to 2+2. Then I realized that everyone was posting hands from online. I took one look at some of the players online and knew it would be a gold mine.

I started 11 months ago.
I bought in $50 a few times on paradise, and played their NL50. This was their lowest NL game back then. I was basically just breaking even for a while. Then I got pokertracker. THE BEST $55 YOU WILL EVER SPEND. That really let my game take off. I moved up to NL100 on paradise, then NL200 rather quickly. I now crush this game on a consistent basis. Once my bankroll got big (~$3K), I decided to move a few hundred over to party.

Started at the NL50 6max tables there, and was at the NL100 tables in a matter of days. I've made over 3K on party so far, and I play it less than paradise.

Also, I bought into pokerstars but find it to be too tight for my liking. I'm currently trying to grind out NL50 there, but have been running badly, so I'm around even there.

I tried some 5/10 limit, 5 max at paradise, and lost 3K there a few months back. I've also played anywhere from 1/2 to 5/10 ring limit at party.

In conclusion, I have made roughly $15,000 in just under a year playing poker. Currently I play party NL100 6 max and paradise NL200 ring. 3 table each of them (not at the same time). My hourly rate is $30/hr, in all the hands I've ever played. Right now, I'd say its more like $40-$50, because I am better than I used to be and also play higher stakes.