View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Whew... 10,000 action points at Doyles Room - Whored

Let me start by saying... that really sucked. 15.5 hours later, my job is done. SS2 better show up soon....

The major highlights:

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] The client does not have hand histories, or allow anything more than two tables at a time. Two tables actually takes up too many resources from my computer, and it bogged down my whole system (I have a powerful system, it must have been programmed poorly)
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] The user interface is otherwise pretty good. The play is fast and furious.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Just TRY to get a limit game, its almost impossible. On average there were 2 full 1/2 games, 2 1/2 6-max games, and only 1 6-max 2/4 game running. I couldn't even find a 3/6 limit game at all. Only 2,600 players on the site this evening, most are probably playing tournaments. Yuch.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] First 10 hours was all 1/2 limit. The points added up very slowly. Its was painful!
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Last five hours I started playing one 6-max 2/4 table and one 1/2 6-max table at the same time. Suddenly, everything started moving fast. The only way to clear this bonus is 2-4 or higher. Anything less is brutally long.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I normally love playing against LAGs, but I met my match at a 6-max 1/2 game at Doyles Room. He played 100% of all hands, and raised pre-flop 90%. I played against him for nearly 4 hours, watched him build his stack from $40 to $230, and then drop back down to $113 before signing off. Even though it sounds like I would be taking candy from a baby, it was much harder than I ever expected. I broke exactly even after this session was done, and I learned some valuable lessons as well.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] If you plan on getting Super System 2 as the bonus, make sure you enter the bonus code of SS2. There seems to be a bug in their system, if you don't enter the code it will default to the 35% bonus when you deposit with Neteller. I'm trying to have this fixed for me, wish me luck!

That’s it... I won't be playing there again, but I'm glad I earned the book!

TT
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]