View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: First trip to Commerce....

Wow if you guys think commerce is insane now.....ten years ago they used to have 20-30 $6-12 LHE tables going at one time every night with 30 racks or so on the table. It was a nightly occurence that players would walk from those games with 10 rack wins. It was also a common occurence to see people pull that much out of the $15-30 games as well.

I myself pulled 8 racks and then 7 racks out of a $3-6 LHE game at Bicycle on consecutive nights when some cowboy looking guy dropped over $2500 in two nights. Other people at the table were down amounts of $600-1000 as well. It used to be absolutely insane. On some weekends, there would be several tables with every hand going capped to the river with 8 players in.

Biggest win I ever saw in terms of number of chips was a dealer at the Bike won over $2300(23 racks) at a LHE $3-6 game over a ten hour period. Just insane.

Things slowed down after smoking was banned. People leaving the tables all the time makes smaller pots. It doesn't help that the ones smoking are usually the worst players. But things have really picked up again over the past year or so with all the television attention to poker. Games are as wild as they have been in 3-4 years or so.