View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Alcohol, been sober for 10 monthes ok to drink in moderation?

Have treated people for 30 years. So I have a ton of thoughts. Simply, when a person takes a drug, any drug, that drug does what ever it pleases. You have no control as to what the drug does to you once ingested.
It can take control and it can hurt you. If you have experienced problems with drugs/alcohol, you are going to have problems. It does not have to be an all day every day thing. Drive drunk one time and kill someone, you will have life long problems! (Moderation is not an issue) Generally people experience, health, legal, family, work, friend problems. This sounds like a DWI to me? If drugs/alcohol have caused problems then it is a problem. You have already experience this otherwise you wouldn't have quit of for 10 months. Add in denial, and I do not mean the river, and loss of control, the destuctive behavior can go on for a long time and the damage can be severe.

The sure cure is don't do it no more!

You must want to drink and it is important, If it wasn't you just wouldn't be posting this question? Now why is this? Well here we go with treatment! Not today [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you quit stay QUIT!

The Man takes a drink, the drink takes a drink, the drink takes the man.

good luck

jguy3348