View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Alcohol, been sober for 10 monthes ok to drink in moderation?

Sigh...

I'm assumming this post is a troll.

On the freak possibility is not and because this topic is near and dear to my heart, I will respond.

1. You have big problems. This site is not where they will solved. The fact that you posted the question you did on this site and this forum is a clear indication of that.

2. If you have been sober for 10 months and really did drink that much before, ask yourself "How is my life different now?" Seriously, sit down and think about your answers. Ask yourself "If I start drinking again, at ANY level, what will I get out of it?"

3. Some poster kindly pointed out that alcoholism can be beat. Fricking wonderful! He speaks the truth but what is the point. You can actually win the lotto but just because it is so doesn't necessarily mean every person should necessarily be playing the lotto. If you like challenges then maybe trying to drink again to see if you can "beat" alcholism would be fun. Just keep in mind that a "couple" people have tried to beat it before. I'm sure your aware of what the win/loss ratio is. You better be damn good, many who are better than you have failed trying.

4. Are the rewards worth it? You hinted that drinking brought nothing or very little except misery. Are you missing misery? If you are, then by all means start drinking again. It sure was fun, never leaving the house and drinking all day wasn't it? Also, if you play poker to win money then you should definately start drinking again because we all know that people who are drinking not only win more money but they win more frequently. I'm sure you could give testimony to this.

To summarize, if you can answer the question honestly "Why do I want to drink again and what benefits will come from it?" then I believe your off to good start.

If your still struggling stop into a local AA meeting.

They are wild and whacky but it is definately the 2+2 of drinking. They've done it all and know it all.