View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Using Cloutier\'s thinking with AK

there are so many things this is dependent on so it's hard to give you a clear cut answer. this is kinda how i play a whiffed AK etc..

quick example:

2 loose limpers to you w/ AKo, you raise to 5x the big blind. blinds fold, limpers call.

flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

they both check to you... i'd make a pretty good sized bet here, maybe not the pot but close to it. its unlikely that flop hit either of them so AK might be the best hand... at the moment. you dont want to give a cheap card to somebody w/ QTo to draw out on you. i'd be prepared to slow down on the turn if you get called and don't improve.

another but this time your position is worse. you raise UTG w/ AKo to 4x the big blind. you get called by the button and the blinds fold.

flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i'd lead out on this too w/ a good sized bet, but i'd be prepared to slow down on the turn if he calls and you don't improve.

hope this helps. also i could be off base w/ this so feel free to give me some advice if you disagree.

peace - jeff