View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Showing cards. What\'s your opinion?

I occasionally will show strong hands when everyone folds to them. I never show weak hands that were a successful bluff.

In tournament play, your image is really important, and you want all the other players afraid of what you might be holding. Fold equity is just so important that any extra action with weak hands that might pay me off, I can do without. I just want their folds.

I would say that never showing is a good option as well, becasue showing strong hands might not accomplish that much. In my opinion, Showing weak hands in a tournament is always a mistake.

I also think that showing hands after the flop is also a bad idea. I'll show strong hands preflop because my usual opener is pretty much alwasy 3xBB anyways, and the only info I'm giving away is "I raise 3xBB with hands that you should be scared of". Showing after the flop lets observant players see how you played the whole hand and you never know what they might pick up.

On a similar note to the whole chatbox thing, I sometimes find that you can accomplish the same image with a little "I'm a tight player" chat.

Regards
Brad S