View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: The last weekly champ for this year

Thanks Easy. Thanks for running the show, I echo everyone's sentiments. You put in a lot of work to help make this contest a success.

I wish there were a few more weeks left in the regular season, as I may have been able to close the gap a little more to gain on first place. My goal was to be in the black at the end of this competition, and I succeeded there.

I hope everyone, if not successful at this contest, was able to show an overall profit in the NFL during the regular season. I know that sometimes I did not put money on my selections, and sometimes I did. Rarely did I bet opposite of my selections, but similar to yesterday, I had a bad feeling about the Texans, but still kept it as one of my picks, moving it down to the 100 dollar play.

I didn't bet the Texans, but instead bet my other three games for winners and added Washington as well, but I didn't have the balls to make the Redskins one of my plays. I also bet the Bears, and almost made them a 300 dollar play but decided against it.

In hindsight, if I had the bankroll to play only my selections, and for the amount we stipulated them for, I would have won close to four grand, but I doubt that many of you did this. Would have been interesting to say the least.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. I assume the competition ended at the end of the regular season, so with that, congrats to Bugstud for winning the big enchilada. Great job. I hope you felt me breathing down your neck, lol.

I leave you all with one playoff caveat. Everyone is jumping on the Chargers bandwagon, as the game looks like two teams going in different directions. Keep in mind that San Diego hasn't been in the playoffs for a number of years, things may tighten up in the land of movie stars and sunshine. The Jets have the veteran team and this could be the upset of the week. Haven't looked at it closer than just a cursory glance, but many of my plays this year were contrarian. This would be quite the contrarian play. San Diego has a great team, and it would be quite disappointing for them to not win at least one game though. Don't put all your Eggzz in one basket on this one.