View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: No way out of this??

Neither player reraised preflop, so you have to figure your hand to be good.\

Would AA necessarily raise here?? He already has a huge pot with 2 other player one who is nuts and one who has raised in relatively EP and put in like 1/4th his stack. Why not give us more rope??

You don't have enough chips for a check raise so you should bet out all in.

Im always amazed at people blasting checkraising in situations like this WHEN YOU NEED TO DOUBLE UP..

The risk is minimal on a rainbow un coordinated board..

First someone both players would have to check behind me.....perhaps a 25% chance with a bloated pot like that.

2 Someone would need an overcard or be able to cath a set..ok this is pretty common like 95%

3 Someone must catch that card 2 overs that ARE out ~15%? the set maker maybe 4%(on turn)

So the risk is like 5% of the time when the catastrophic happens and Im all in on the turn anyway so if I get busted so be it. The extram cash that goes in the pot more than makes up for the risk doesnt it??

BTW if you believe the pot will be checked down more than 25% in a given situation just multiply 4% by the factor yu believe it to be raised...50%? is 2X25% so 2X5%= 10% seems like manageable risk to me...Am I missing something??