View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:04 PM

Default 1-2 NL at the Trop

So I woke up at seven in the morning on a Sunday to drive the two hours or so from Hoboken to Atlantic City in order to play in the Tropicana's $100+20 NL tourney. Well, they decided the cap the tourney at 100 because it's a busy weekend, and suddenly that two hour drive was beginning to feel like a waste. But wait, there's open seating at 1-2 NL.

I generally play 5-10 or 10-20 limit, or NL tourneys. But I've been leaning more toward 1-2 NL these days, because the games are often really soft and more profitable faster than a limit game. This game was no different. 12 dollar raises would get 5-6 to a flop. People calling big raises pre flop with A-6o, J-5s, and other equally less than mediocre hands. So anyway, I have a loose table image, which is what I want because I'm actually playing fairly tight. But they've seen me win pots with hands like Q-2s and whatnot, from the blinds and such. I'm mixing up my game pretty well, I think. But this one guy is getting really frustrated, because he keeps getting outdrawn when his [censored] bets are called to the river (the type that will bet $40 on the flop with Kings on a ragged board, but will slow down on the turn and bet only $15). So he's getting run over, and he and his friends are very loose passive and it's almost becoming boring betting them out of pots that they're clear winners in. Anyway, the guy is frustrated. I've run my $190 to just over $600 when this hand comes up.

I get AKo in E/MP (maybe UTG+2). I open for 12. Three callers, steaming guy in SB.

FLOP: A-J-7 rainbow

Checked to me. I bet $50. Two fold to mad guy in first position. He raises all-in, $330 more.

What's my move?