View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Is there cheating n Party and Empire?

[ QUOTE ]
www.cheatonpoker.com

Someone posted this while I was playing a game. If its true I think its a bunch of bull. Its a little upsetting though because I would hate to be in a room with someone using this program. They claim you can see your opponents cards.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the biggest problem with this particular spam is that by misrepresenting the product in the table chat box, it leaves new players with the distinct impression that someone else at the table is able to cheat against them. This will have a very negative affect on the growth of the game and as such, these people should be drawn and quartered. If they would only work on their game, these jokers could make alot more $ in the long term then they'll ever get off this feckless scam.

As others in this thread have pointed out, the program they are marketing is just a hand history analyzer. The important distinction to make clear to new players is that this allows you to see what people had on previous hands if they went to showdown but provides no access to the hand a person currently holds.

I wish I had a way to reassure people at the table as I've seen this offer spammed across all four of my tables on a couple occasions this week. I don't want to draw attention to the offer or explain what it really is, but I don't want them worried about getting scammed either; I intend to win all their money fair and square.