View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Hand To Flame About

[ QUOTE ]
I think raising with AJo from the BB is pretty horrible regardless of the trash these idiots are limping with. For me, AJo isn't even playable in early position.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be right that this hand can be worth folding in early position. But I'm not in early position. I'm in the big blind, which means I'm in the very last position (preflop) rather than the first, so it is the complete opposite situation. I don't see how you can lump these together. When I'm UTG, there are nine players still to be heard from, so there is a good chance that AJo is dominated. Thus, it is a marginal hand. When I act in the BB, there are zero players left to be heard from and no one has raised, so I am almost certain that my hand isn't dominated. So now my hand is looking pretty good. Saying that you would fold it UTG and thus don't like it in the big blind is like saying that you would sometimes fold top pair/ no kicker in a certain situation fearing domination, so you should also fold top pair/ top kicker. It just doesn't make sense to me. One is a situation where you greatly fear domination and the other is a scenario where it is extremely unlikley.
[ QUOTE ]
I'm of the raise to trap with big suited cards and raise to isolate with big off-suit cards camp

[/ QUOTE ]
If I have the best hand, why wouldn't I want to put more money in the pot? Are you saying that if you knew in a certain situation that raising with AKo would fail to isolate, you would just limp?