View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Default AA - What Should I Have Done Differently?

<font color="PURPLE">I had been playing at the table for a while and it was a fairly loose table. Anyways, this is what happened....</font>

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="PURPLE">I put UTG+1 on A/K, but wasn't sure about MP2, I thought that I would wait until the turn to raise hoping to push out any draws. Should I have raised on the flop instead?</font>

Turn: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

<font color="PURPLE">I checked on the river because I figured with both of them calling my raise on the turn, my overpair was probably beat. Either way, if a two-bet on the turn wouldn't chase them away, I doubt that a bet on the river was going to.</font>

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has Qc Kc (one pair, kings).
MP2 has As 9s (straight, ten high).
Hero has Ah Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: MP2 wins 13.25 BB. </font>

<font color="PURPLE">I'm not sure if raising the flop would have pushed out MP2 before the river. Should I have done anything different, or just mark this down as an unlucky river? Thanks for taking the time to read this.</font>

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]