Thread: A-A Hand
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Re: A-A Hand

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I agree that the choice here is either laying down on the turn or the river.

Although the pot was laying me great odds, the chance that I was ahead was slim. I guess I just couldn't live with having laid down the best hand with that big a pot on the line.

After thinking it over, I probably should have just laid it down on the turn when it was two bets back to me. I made that call knowing that (1) I quite possibly had only two outs; and (2) there was little to no chance I would get a cheap showdown.

My thinking here is undoubtedly affected by the results - but does anyone think that folding the turn is unreasonable?

Results:

BB shows pocket sixes. He hit his set on the turn and filled up on the river.

CO shows 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for.... Jack high!

My limited PT hands on both of these guys show that they are loose (each w/ VP$IP > 50%)

CO's line here was beyond maniacal... I'm tempted to say that, at the end, he must have thought that he had a straight. But, he was acting insane even PF and was raising w/ a mere gutshot with two opponents who were representing very strong hands.

I know hands like this happen once in a blue moon, but it didn't feel too good to be so off balance and spew out chips like an ATM to two maniacs.