View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Encouraging the fish

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think you are giving them enough credit. Half of them will know what you really mean. They may start to feel embarrased they played the hand at all (if they have spent just a small amount of time a Party a few table coaches would already have berated them for playing such a hand). And they may start thinking twice about playing such a hand again. Just admit to yourself that "nh" is more for you (getting it out of your system) than for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true at all, especially when they don't see my cards. I totally disagree. Heck, I do the same thing when I fold my cards on the river and they show down with someone else.

Besides, why would a simple "nh" or "vn" make anyone that just won a big pot feel embarrased? If it does, then there is something wrong with them. When I say nice hand, I am sincere, as it obviously was a nice hand if it beat mine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Even if it wasn't played the way I feel it should have been.

Anyway, I don't think they should be embarressed and if they are, then oh well. It was a sincere compliment and not for me. I could care less as I know in the long run I will win as I always have. I got over doing it for myself long ago. I don't do it to emarrass them, I do it to compliment them and I think most take it as such. The "reason" I do it is because I know my skill level is above theirs and I want them to feel comfortable enough to hang around.