View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: How to best identify playing bad vs. running bad?

I think that might be an accurate description of me, though judging my play based on a 2+2 game is probably just the slightest bit misleading. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm back up today from yesterday's lows, so I'm thinking it was a combination of playing a few hands too aggressively (most notably overcard hands) and mostly running bad. I went back, at balkii and everyone elses' suggestions, and reviewed my play on my losing and winning hands -- I noticed that I misplayed (overplayed) a few hands, but for the most part I couldn't notice that much.

The aspect of the game I struggle with the most, I think, is the psychology. This is probably true moreso at the shorthanded games, where I have to struggle to not form personal vendettas, and have to work hard to remember to take things one hand at a time.

Today I worked much harder at those goals, and I think it showed. From reading the hands I had a terrible day yesterday, but a good portion of it was simply not hitting flops, which sucks. I've got to learn to deal with that.

Rob