Thread: LCD vs. CRT
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: LCD vs. CRT

I have a 17 inch LCD and watched IRobot in here the other day as the DVD player was acting up (Am I the only one who has been through 20 of these things since they came out?) and I was AMAZED at the quality of the picture. It truly did suprise me.

I use some DVD program called "SONIC" which added the drivers my computer was apparently missing so I am not sure if that has something to do with it, other than that just a 64 MB NVIDIA Graphics card (think it cost about $90) and my LCD which is a NEC model that is nwo going on 3 years and starting to flicker on me with dark shades of yellow.

I am used to watching DVD's on a HDTV running Component cables too, so I am getting the best possible picture on my T.V. although the size difference may be partially to blame. 62 inch widesceen vs a 17 inch square [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I am looking forward to buyin a dell Monitor when the opportunity is there. My SO's mom just bought a new dell and got the 19 inch LCD with it and thaat damn thing went to 2000 by XXXX I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure if it had something to do with the graphics card or what but I could find out more information about the exact monitor and system if others want to know.

It was a pretty beefed up system and ran about $1700 I think....