Thread: MIA report
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Re: MIA report

[ QUOTE ]

2) Stopped 8 tabling (I still feel that this is only a small factor, but a factor is a factor on a bad streak)

3) Stopped starting another table after I get knocked out. Instead I start 4 and play all 4 until they are ALL COMPLETE, then I start up another 4.(I get less in per hour this way, but as I fail at each table The rest get a little more attention paid to them.)

[/ QUOTE ]
I, too, have not posted in quite some time, but read this post and felt perhaps it's time to reenter the fray...

I started playing 25+2 Turbos at Pokerstars as a second source of income (I play about 10-12 hours a week...about 40-50 SnGs) and would enter 4 at once (I call it a 4-bagger...can't even imagine 8-tabling, sucker...or should I call you stupid???). I'd play all four until finished and then stop or start another 4-bagger. Well, I can honestly say I didn't play very well (and had some bad luck) and had one win in my first 65 tourneys played.

My bankroll dropped to less than 10 buyins, but I decided I'd play until I hit $100, and if it got that low I'd work my way back up with 5+.50s if I had to.

Well, my bankroll is back up and one adjustment I've made is that I will play one regular SnG (20+2 or 30+3) along with 3 turbos. Usually, I can play 5-7 turbos while I'm playing the "slower" SnG (unless I get knocked out early, of course). Usually, I'll just play monsters in the slow SnG and don't really have to start playing there until I'm in the money in the others. This seems to have helped.

Well, my bankroll hit $1000 recently (dipped to $950 over the weekend...oh well), and this despite an overall ROI that I'm not really happy with (a little under 6%) after 250 SnGs. But after 150 SnGs I was down...the last 100 have been much better.

So, to echo Aaron's sentiments, I was very despondent after the first 65 SnGs...losing to two-outers, never winning a race when shortstacked, pushing with KK early to find AA lurking, and all the other scenarios that lead to out of the money finishes...but this led to a few adjustments (in turbos I was getting too impatient, feeling I had to be stupidly aggressive...toning it down has helped a lot) and better play.

Good post, Aaron...sounds hauntingly familiar...

Play well,

CCC