View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Hidden dead hand with strange opposition; thoughts?

So, about a million strange things happened in this hand, and I want to see what people think about how, when, and if to push dead hands.

PartyPoker 10/20. A deuce brings it in; I have (Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] immediately after. Both queens and a five are dead. I complete. An 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls, as does the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (!) and the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (!!!), and then the deuce reraises (!!!!!). I call, the 8 folds, the 5 and Q call.

-Should I fold? Reraise in a desperate attempt to limit the field? Or, as I chose, call because my hand is still powerful and hidden, but be willing to get away from the hand if need be?

On fourth street, the Q becomes Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and is high, and bets. The reraising 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], having caught a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], just calls, so I raise (with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] showing now); 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls, as do Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

-I can't imagine the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] reraising on third with KK or AA in the hole and not raising on fourth. And I don't think he's rolled, because I caught the case deuce, not that I can really put him on rolled-up deuces for a single reraise and call here without being revoltingly weak-tight. So I raised to put pressure on the others, especially QT, which *must* be a drawing hand or buried pair (or random crap, I suppose, but this is a solid or tight player, from what I can tell.) Thoughts? Is a single raise on this street enough pressure, or should I wait for a later street to raise?

On fifth street, Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] catches 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and checks. 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] catches 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and checks. I, now (Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], check, as does 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (surely one bet won't force anyone out, and I can't induce a raise from anyone else, right? Do I want to be betting that one lonely pair for value, especially given the last guy's three hearts and straight cards? I mean, I put him on a pair or two, not a big draw, given the dead cards and his action, but still.)

On sixth, Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] catches 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] catches 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I pair my door with the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] catches 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and checks. The others check to me, and I assume that my two pair are good (thank goodness they all have each other's cards) and bet. Only the QT74 folds.

I catch the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river, it's checked to me, I bet, and only 5787 calls. Turns out he improved on the river... from sevens up to eights up. MHIG.

-What about the value-bets on sixth and seventh? I think they're cut and dried, but are they?

-Please, please, any other thoughts on the hand? I just started integrating 10/20 into my game selection, so any help adjusting would be greatly appreciated.

-Also, is there any formatting help I can give when posting this stuff? I can only hope my narrative justifies the myraid plot twists of this hand.

Thanks in advance.