View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Playing less during a down swing, smart or stupid?

I drove about seven hours through really crappy weather yesterday and in hindsight, that probably had more to do with not playing and this post than the downsing.

Normally, I congratulate the other players for hitting their miracle card on the river, because I want to encourage that behavior. If you suck at poker and you are sitting at my table, I am your friend.

Last session at the B&M I sat down short stacked, only $120 at $4-8. I had finished my Christmas shopping and for some reason didn't get any more cash from the ATM. The normal ebb and flow of chips can eat up $120 at $4-8, downswing or not and when I hit the felt, I didn't buy more chips to complete my standard buyin (20 BB minimum). I just went home. It was late and I thought the weather was going to get bad.

I have a million excuses for leaving but the bottom line was, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

(I didn't drive 7 hours through crappy weather and then play cards, my most recent live session was Tuesday, before the weather hit.) Parts of Southern Indiana are under a state of emergency and many of the roads and some sections of the Interstate are closed.