View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Re: My Worst Play Ever- You have to read it to believe it

Okay here is one, and I suppose that a few percent of this could have been the dealer's fault.

15-30 live game at the Bellagio. I am doing well.

Dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the cutoff. Five limpers to me and I call as well.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Its capped by the time it gets to me, obviously I call.

Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], board is now A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Early position woman who has just hit her flush guaranteed for sure, bets out. Middle position player folds. Next guy doesnt do anything, just kind of sits there, I don't think that he has any cards in front of him and so I call, big pot, one more bet to get a full house or not.

Dealer deals the river, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], not filling me up. As soon as he puts the card down several people at the table yell and say that the guy in front of me did not call the turn bet yet. The dealer then picks up the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and puts it face down on the felt right in front of him. Not in the muck, just by itself in front of him. He gives me my $30 turn bet back and asks the other guy if he wants to call the flush-woman's bet, he calls. Now its my turn. I ask the dealer:

"What is going to happen to that three?", because it obvioulsy doesn't help me

"Its coming back." the dealer replies impatiently.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

He repeats himself louder and more annoyedly "The three is coming back!!"

Feeling dumb already at this point, I fold my two pair because as far as I can tell, the three is coming back. However, as we all SHOULD know, the three goes back in to the deck and out comes the river ace of course, making what would have been my boat. The river sets off a flurry of betting and raising between the two remaining players, both of whom have flushes.

Horray for learning your lesson the hard way.