View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Stats 5/10 and 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
Hey... do you coldcall a lot of PFRs, or just openlimp a decent amount in the 10/20 game?? My VPIP dropped some from 5/10, and I think its mostly b/c there is so much more raising PF at 10/20, so I have to muck many hands on CO and button that I could limp in 5/10.

Also, I have about the same 3betting standards, which I should probably adjust since there is much looser raising by some players at 10/20. What hands are you 3betting an UTG or MP raiser with? Also, what hands are you defending your BB with to have such a low Fold BB2 steal %??

[/ QUOTE ]

I virtually never coldcall or open limp. I usually raise when I come in after limpers but if the table is passive then I may limp after limpers with hands I would throw away at a more aggro table.With calling stations or maniacs sitting over me I may also adjust my strategy.
The only place I limp regularly from is the SB.

My 3 beting standards - well it's totally player and game dependant. AJ and medium PP's is probably where it gets borderline for an unknown UTG raiser.

I'll defend the BB if it's going to be heads up against a possible steal raise with a lot of junk. I like the pot odds here but I quickly fold my hand if I miss the flop. I don't usually bother trying to steal on the flop if I've defended with a heap of xxxx but CR a lot if I get a little bit of it and think I may be ahead. Sometimes I end up looking stupid against a big hand but...what can you do.
If it's going to be 3 handed or the raise comes from early position I tighten up considerably. 4 handed then I start adding in hands that can win a big pot (e.g.J6s and 87o etc)

Gazza