View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Terrible call on the turn? and question about pot odds

You are not missing anything. It is razpor thin on the turn, there are most likely only 7 clean flush outs. If you felt sure yuo would get called and overcalled on the river if you made your hand with a clean diamond then the call is ok.

Everyone advocating that this is a weak hand on the flop is totally wrong. Think about it. If you flopped a ten high four flush against 3 sure callers every hand you played for the res of your life you would be a millionaire in a year. Will you soetimes miss, will you sometimes lose to higher flush, will the board sometimes pair? Sure. But it is still +ev in these situaions.

If he has the best draw all flops bets are making him money.

I would even bet in this situation he absoulutely has the best draw. The single bet flop would lead me to believe I was on the best diamond draw, and the second clup on the turn adn the subseuent action would indicate sets and pairs that just picked up club draws.

As I mentioned before, getting as much money in on the flop in a favorable odds scenario makes your calls on fourth street less expensive when you miss. There would be no argument about the EV of the turn call if he go 4 small bets from 3 players in on the Flop.

FJM