View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

Hey there, I heard about this whole ISOP deal a few days ago but only took time today to read through this thread and I have to say I'm thrilled! I myself don't have the bankroll right now to pay for a $1k tournament without sattelites. But nonetheless if this proves to be as successful as I hope it will be, I will be thrilled to watch every single event.

Now I assume you guys have thougt of the potential problems of having thousands of people logging on simultaneously to watch a final table at the ISOP, so instead I'īll ask this:

A large portion in the enjoyment of watching events such as WPT and WSOP on the TV is you recognize a lot of the players, and can follow them through multiple events and see how they do over the course of a year or so. With internet poker, people could be using different usernames for different sites, and of course a player can be totally anonymous if he so wishes. Will it be in the interest of you guys (as I assume you will be managing this whole apparatus somehow?) to encourage players to have their real life name available to the public? Or do you not consider this to be a very interesting point as most of the people "in the game" will know anyway who everyone of the top players are?