View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 03:16 AM

Default Re: A10os marginal hand, how to play correctly?

I've got to tell you I think I hate everything about this hand.

You start out poorly pre-flop and it gets worse from there.

Pre-flop:

If you think A10 off is a marginal hand then why are you cold calling with it ??

A10 off is NOT a strong hand. I would fold it to a raise in almost any position. If I did think it WAS worth playing though (loose table, lots of fish etc.) I would NEVER cold call. If it is good enough to come in for 2 bets, you should raise (to limit the field, increase pot if flop hits you etc.) it instead.

Flop:

Where are you going with this hand ?? Why continue with a pair (possible boat) and a flush draw on the board. You have 2 overcards and a backdoor flush draw which are both pretty weak at best. This is the type of flop that will cost you a lot of money chasing much more often than not. I would fold here without giving it a second thought.

turn :

Not much else you can do.

River :

You've got to be hating this, having to call 2 bets just to put in a crying call.

I'm guessing someone had a J 10 for a higher st8, or a boat to beat you. Otherwise you would have split and not posted.

Hope this didn't come across as too gruff but these are the kind of hands that (if you play too many of them) make it hard for your winners to make up for.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] busguy