View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: One of the most disturbing stories I\'ve read in a long time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, I think once a doctor says that the fetus could possibly survive this crude "birth"(I suppose you could call it that) I think it ceases to be a fetus and becomes a baby. The same cannot be said for a 2 month old fetus. Once its taken out of the womb(as far as I know) it has zero chance of survival.

I think the distinction is important.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I suppose if you murder a person who is in a coma and can not survive without life support, it is less of a crime than to murder a "normal" person?

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think this analogy fits, but its an interesting question none the less.

To be honest with you, no, I don't think that if someone who was on life support, with no chance of ever being off of it, being murdered is the same thing as a "normal" person being murdered. IMO, that person really shouldn't even be on life support. That may seem cold and harsh, but its my opinion. This desire to preserve some life at all costs is just as bad as abortion IMO. Both are going against the laws of nature, and both are playing "God" IMO.

This is one of the main I am against late term abortions, because at that point doctors really are playing god and ending an otherwise healthy person, but when the pregnancy is early, things are to foggy for me to be definitive on anything.

This is of course strictly my opinion, as I am sure you probably disagree with some, if not all of it.