View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 02:43 PM

Default Re: In the Mind of a Poker Pro

[ QUOTE ]
well?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I only watched the free parts. It's possible these are just teasers or "On Demand" still needs work, but I didn't see an option to view the entire program or a price-- could be I was distracted because I was playing online too.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting concept. The pros along with a moderator/host observe and comment on a live NL tournament. The players are not pros. (For those with minds in the gutter, Brande is hot.) They make a lot of mistakes. For players somewhere between beginner and intermediate, it should be instructive.

Matusow needs to be restrained and the host fails to do this (in fact the host is pretty much invisible). He (Matusow) tries to do both play-by-play and color commentary. In effect, he runs the show. That cannot have been the intention.

Sklansky comes off as authoritative, but unfortunately he is not a polished speaker. Brunson was interesting. When given a chance, he was thoughtful, confident, and well-spoken. I hope he gets more chances like this.

Grading on the curve, I give it a B.